Corrugated Case Materials
Our corrugated case materials are supplied to the packaging industry for conversion into corrugated board and boxes. The corrugated board consists of an outer liner paper and an inner liner paper, with medium/fluting paper in the middle. All our products are made from sustainable fibres and are 100% recyclable.
Every paper we make is required to perform within tight constraints on the corrugating machine and in the final box. Our emphasis is on producing papers that run easily and reliably on the corrugating machines and perform consistently from reel-to-reel. We invest heavily in the latest technologies, producing high-quality recycled paper that can substitute for expensive kraft grades without sacrificing performance.
Our core business is the design and manufacture of sustainable packaging for consumer goods. We recognise that our operations have both direct and indirect impacts. These are upstream through our sourcing activities and downstream through the ways our customers use and dispose of our products.
Our approach covers the following areas:
Our Business: Creating shared value through responsible recycling, paper and packaging solutions.
Our Environment: Minimising our impact from design to production, supply to recycling.
Our People: Ensuring the safety, wellbeing and development of colleagues and contributing to our communities.
Our business model is built on sustainability – by providing state-of-the-art, customer-specific packaging that is fully recyclable. For instance, our plastic products, such as bag-in-box, also offer significant environmental benefits over conventional materials.
Our aim is to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment. Concern for the environment is a fundamental part of our decision making process.
We aim to:
- Source, design, manufacture and distribute our products in ways that contribute to lowering energy usage, carbon emissions and waste.
- Lower carbon emissions by reducing energy usage and raising the energy efficiency of our operations.
- Use energy produced from renewable or low-carbon sources wherever practical.
- As a minimum, comply with all applicable legal requirements. Wherever possible, we aim to meet or exceed other requirements to which our parent company, DS Smith Plc, subscribes.
- Apply risk management techniques to identify and mitigate environmental risks and impacts.
- Consider key suppliers’ environmental policies and credentials as part of the process for their evaluation and selection.
- Strive for continuous environmental improvement through the setting and reviewing of objectives and targets.